Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Final Six Letters

I have completed the letters and intend to bind them into a little book.  Here are the last six.  I was  a bit liberal where there is no Japanese equivalent:  for "V" I used an item beginning with "B" which is usual for foreign words in Japanese, and for "X" I used one beginning with K which has a similar sound.

Uchiwa
A round paper fan with a wooden handle
Bangasa
An umbrella made of bamboo and oiled paper
 Wagashi
Japanese style confectionery
 Kabuto
A helmet worn by samurai
 Yukimidourou
A snow viewing stone lantern
Zukin
A cowl or hood
















Thank you Fiona for hosting this blog.  It's been interesting, informative and impressive to see the variety of techniques and concepts which people have come up with, so thanks to everyone for sharing your work.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way these alphabets have helped me learn more about a culture or place.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - we appreciate hearing from you!